AUGUSTA, Maine — Snowmobilers from Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont will get a chance to ride on some new terrain.
Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend this coming Friday to Sunday allows all legally registered Maine snowmobiles to be operated in New Hampshire and Vermont without being registered in those states.
At the same time, snowmobiles legally registered in New Hampshire and Vermont can be operated in Maine without a current Maine registration. In Maine alone, snowmobilers can explore more than 13,000 miles of interconnected, groomed and marked trails.
The Maine Warden Service reminds snowmobilers to ride with caution at all times. Maine Warden Col. Joel Wilkinson also advises riders to pay close attention to ice conditions on all Maine waterways, especially when traveling at night.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump