BURLINGTON — University of Vermont students are being warned after a bear was seen on campus.
A student reported seeing the bear near a Dumpster on the south end of Coolidge Hall near Davis Road around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The bear was last seen heading south toward the UVM soccer fields. Campus police searched but did not find the animal.
Police issued safety tips to students, telling them to remain a safe distance from any wild animal and to call Police Services. They also warned not to approach a wild animal, corner, taunt or feed it.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump