MONTPELIER — Vermont lawmakers are returning to the Statehouse after hopes of adjourning for the year on Saturday faded.
With key agreements, especially on tax policy, still elusive, legislators will continue their session on Monday and Tuesday.
A House-Senate conference committee on taxes has been trying to craft changes to state income taxes that would make them more progressive.
But Gov. Peter Shumlin says he’s adamantly opposed to any such changes. The governor says they violate an agreement he made with lawmakers earlier this week that taxes to support the state general fund would not go up.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump