A Townshend woman is safe after she spun off the road while driving drunk and rolled into a pond in Wardsboro, police say.
Diana Gayle Lane, 69, was driving west on Newfane Road when she missed a turn and went off the road, police say. After hitting a stone wall, Lane’s car rolled into a pond and went completely underwater. Lane was able to get out of the car and make it to shore. State Troopers who responded to the crash found that she had been driving under the influence of alcohol.
Scott Brooks Towing got her car out of the pond with the help of a local scuba team.
Layne was arrested and lodged at Southern State Correctional Facility, and ordered to appear before the Windham County Superior Court on October 23.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump