BURLINGTON — A 33-year-old Vermont woman is going to spent three years on probation after pleading guilty to wire fraud charges stemming from allegations she stole jewelry that belonged to her employer on an online auction site.
The Vermont office of the U.S. Attorney says Andrea Carrasquillo, of Dummerston, also was ordered on Wednesday to pay almost $20,000 in restitution.
Court records say that from November 2010 and March 2011 Carrasquillo sold jewelry online that belonged to her employer Sajen Jewelry.
Prosecutors say Carrasquillo sold 337 pieces of Sajan jewelry online.
When Windham County sheriff’s deputies searched her home in March 2011 they found 900 pieces of Sajan jewelry and evidence of an active online business.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump