EDEN — Vermont State Police say a woman is dead after the car she was driving was hit by a dump truck on Route 100 in Eden.
Ashley Allard, 25, of Morrisville was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash occurred at about 9:10 a.m. Monday just north of the Boy Scout camp, near the Lowell town line.
The woman was driving a Honda Civic sedan north on Route 100 when it crossed the center line and was hit by the Whitcomb Construction dump truck driven by Valerie Hans, 46, which was towing a trailer.
Police say the driver of the dump truck was not hurt.
The roadway was closed for several hours after the crash while wrecking crews removed the vehicles from the roadway.
The cause of the crash is continuing, although police say speed does appear to be a factor.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump