BURLINGTON — The Burlington office of Vermont’s lone congressman has been evacuated because of a suspicious letter.
Burlington Police Chief Michael Schirling says the letter sent to the office of U.S. Rep. Peter Welch drew the attention of the person who was processing the mail and police agreed it appeared suspicious.
A hazardous materials team is now investigating the package. Schirling says no threats came in associated with the package.
Welch, a Democrat, is on an overseas trip.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump