HARTFORD — A retired Vermont teacher has offered a spot in his family’s cemetery plot to the family of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect who died following a shootout with police.
Paul Keane made the offer Monday on his blog.
He says the only condition he would attach to allowing the body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev to be interred in the plot in the Mount Carmel Burying Ground in Hamden, Conn., is that it be done in the memory of his mother.
The Valley News of Lebanon, N.H., (http://bit.ly/13hJiOo ) report’s Keane says his mother taught him to “love thine enemy.”
The Massachusetts funeral director handling Tsarnaev’s remains has been unable to find a cemetery where he could be buried. Tsarnaev’s family has received a number of offers of cemetery plots.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump