COLCHESTER — Thirty members of the Vermont Air National Guard engineering squadron are expected to be in Afghanistan by January.
Colonel Michael Morgan is with the 158th Fighter Wing of the Vermont Air National Guard and says the airmen will work at airfields doing similar functions as a Public Works Department.
Col. Michael Morgan tells Vermont Public Radio (http://bit.ly/X2ICvJ) the Air Guard members will start deploying soon. He said their duties will include maintaining heat and hot water, in addition to aircraft.
They are expected to be in Afghanistan for six months.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump