MONTPELIER — The Vermont Department of Labor says that unemployment checks are being delayed this week.
Labor Commissioner Annie Noonan says the checks were supposed to be in the mail by 3:30 p.m. Thursday, but a “significant error” was discovered and the checks had to be reissued.
Most recipients of unemployment insurance checks should now receive them Saturday, although some could be delayed until Monday.
People who receive unemployment payments electronically are not affected by the problem.
Officials did not describe the problem.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump