STAMFORD — Vermont State Police broke up an underage drinking party in Stamford Friday night.
Police said a total of 23 people people the age of 21 were given referrals to court diversion for first-time violations of the legal legal age.
Police said the party was hosted by Laura Kirby, 18, whose parents were out of state at the time.
Police said that approximately 40 youths were in the home, some hiding, and of those, 20 were under the age of 21 and had been consuming alcoholic beverages.
As state police were leaving, three more youths were encountered driving up Nichols Roads, and were found to be in possession or had consumed alcohol.
Kirby was cited by state police for enabling alcohol consumption by minors.
The investigation is continuing, police said, and anyone with information is asked to call the Shaftsbury barracks at 802 442-5421.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump