WINOOSKI — Three Michigan residents are facing drug charges and a 2-year-old girl is in protective custody after a Vermont police officer smelled marijuana while following the car they were riding in in the city of Winooski.
Colchester police say one of their officers was driving on Main Street in Winooski on Monday morning when he smelled the marijuana.
After the vehicle was stopped, police discovered more than two ounces of crack cocaine and a small amount of marijuana.
Police arrested 20-year-old Dajuan Williams and 19-year-old Corina Castro, both of Holland, Mich., and 45-year-old Edgar “Tony” Scott of Detroit.
The three are jailed on $100,000 bail. They are due in court Tuesday to answer drug charges.
The girl was placed in protective custody pending the arrival of family members from Michigan.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump