NORTHFIELD — The Vermont Department of Health is sponsoring a symposium that it hopes will reduce binge drinking on college campuses.
The department says online survey data from the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation shows a higher than average use of alcohol and binge drinking and more than double the national average of marijuana use among students at 13 Vermont colleges.
On Tuesday national experts are expected to discuss ways to control alcohol use on campus and how college officials can encourage students to challenge the college drinking culture and push for change.
The symposium will be held at Norwich University from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Preregistration is required.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump