BURLINGTON — Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is discussing his efforts to prevent cuts to veterans benefits.
Sanders, a senior member of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee, has written a letter to congressional leadership making the case against the use of policies to reduce cost-of-living adjustments for veteran’s benefits and Social Security.
So far, more than 35 organizations representing veterans, seniors and the disabled have signed onto the letter.
Sanders is being joined at 11 a.m. Friday on an conference call with reporters by representatives from the National Association for Uniformed Services; the Jewish War Veterans of the USA; the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare; and the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump