ESSEX — Vermont police say the Alaska man who killed an Essex couple used weapons he had buried near a hiking trail along the banks of the Winooski River.
In 2009 Israel Keyes buried a five-gallon orange bucket filled with weapons parts, ammunition, fasteners, wires and a flashlight in a remote corner of the Woodside Natural Area off Vermont 15.
The FBI and police say Keyes used those weapons in June 2011 when he abducted and killed Bill and Lorraine Currier from their nearby home.
Essex police showed the Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/126NqyY) the location of the cache.
The FBI later found the weapons at an upstate New York reservoir.
The 34-year-old Keyes killed himself in an Alaska jail on Sunday. He has admitted killing at least eight people across the country.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump