A Plainfield man has been charged with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident after an incident in downtown Plainfield, state police said. Trooper Ryan Green was called to Plainfield around 11:17 p.m. Friday and found that Roy Starling, driving a Honda CR-V, had been hit by a truck that had then left, at the intersection of Rte. 2, School Street and Main Street Extension by the blinking light. Starling had gotten the license plate of the truck, police said, and two troopers followed up on that tip.
They found the truck at the home of Joshua Barnett, 22, of Plainfield, and on interviewing Barnett, suspected him of being intoxicated. They also saw damage to Barnett’s truck. He was arrested and cited to appear in court on Nov. 1.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump