WINHALL — A 12-year-old boy who had been walking in the woods on Sunday before getting lost was found safe by a Vermont Fish and Wildlife K-9 about 5 p.m., according to the Vermont State Police.
Conor Marcellus, 12, was reported missing from his Winhall home around 12:50 p.m. on Sunday. His parents said Conor frequently walks in the woods but on Sunday, he was gone much longer than usual.
The Winhall Police Department, along with the Vermont State Police, operated under the incident command system, which helped manage the vast resources participating in the search.
The Winhall and South Londonderry fire departments, Vermont game wardens, the Vermont State Police Search and Rescue Team, the New England K-9 Search and Rescue Team, the U.S. Border Patrol, which provided a helicopter, and the U.S. Forest Service assisted local and state police.
Marcellus was found around 5 p.m. in the woods about a mile and a half from his home. He was not injured, police said.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump