WILLISTON — The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has warned a Vermont medical office to be more careful after mildly radioactive waste was accidentally released to a disposal company that was not licensed to do such work.
The NRC said there was no evidence the public was endangered.
The business, PharmaLogic in Williston, said a barrel of waste was mistakenly given to the disposal firm before the radioactive material inside it decayed to allowable levels.
Pharmacy manager Rick Sucese told the Burlington Free Press the disposal company quickly noticed the problem and brought the material back to PharmaLogic.
PharmaLogic is working on a response to the NRC on how it would avoid such mistakes in the future.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump