WEST RUTLAND — A 36-year-old man is being held on $50,000 bail following his arrest for allegedly robbing a Vermont grocery store last month.
State police say a man reached into an open cash register while a cashier was making change for a transaction at the Price Chopper supermarket in West Rutland on the night of Sept. 29. He fled the store with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police say their investigation led them to David Mitchell, of Danby, who was arrested at the state police barracks in Rutland after being interviewed by investigators.
Mitchell is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump