SOUTH BURLINGTON — A Vermont man who works at a gold-buying store in the University Mall in South Burlington is facing charges he has been buying stolen gold and jewelry.
State Police say the charges against 38-year-old Prasad Durga Dhakal, of Winooski, followed an investigation that began after suspects in other thefts told police they were selling the stolen items at the “Cash for Gold” store in the mall.
Police say that on Thursday Durga Dhakal was seen buying an item known to be stolen.
He was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
Police say the penalty for a dealer knowingly purchasing stolen property is the same as stealing the property.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump