BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Magic Hat Brewing is suing a Kentucky brewery over its corporate logo, which it says is a trademark infringement.
West Sixth Brewing’s logo has a numeral 6 and a star-like symbol. Magic Hat says it’s too much like its No. 9 beer label, which has a 9 and a star-like symbol.
Ben Self, co-founder of West Sixth Brewing, says he will stop the brewery’s online logo petition calling for a stop to “corporate bullying” if Magic Hat drops its lawsuit.
The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/ZdXCZl ) that Magic Hat wants West Sixth’s to stop using the logo and is seeking “all profits realized by West Sixth as a result of its use of the 6 Marks.”
In a statement, Magic Hat said it had tried to resolve the issue privately and amicably, but that West Sixth had suddenly turned the issue into something it is not, leaving them no recourse other than to sue.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump