PROCTORSVILLE — This December Peter Jackson returns to the world of hobbits, dwarfs, trolls and wizards with his new movie “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” which will be released on Dec. 14. The movie will hopefully meld the storytelling of J.R.R. Tolkien with the cinematic magic and wizardry of Jackson as he did with the “Lord of Rings” movie trilogy. And as excited as movie goers are for the new movie, it wouldn’t be possible without the publication of a little book called “The Hobbit” in 1937.
To celebrate the book and the movie, join the librarians of Fletcher Memorial Library and Cavendish Fletcher Community Library and The Book Nook to discuss The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, take part in a trivia challenge, dress up for the costume contest, play games, eat hobbit foods, and possibly win fabulous prizes. This Hobbit Party will take place at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 9, at the Cavendish Fletcher Community Library.
This is a free event. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump