MONTPELIER — Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin says he wants to know firsthand how the sound of an F-35 fighter jet compares to an F-16.
The governor will join the mayors of Burlington and Winooski this coming week in traveling to Eglin Air Force Base in Florida so they can listen to the two types of aircraft.
The Air Force is looking into basing F-35s at the Vermont Air National Guard base at the Burlington International Airport. Some area residents have said they’re worried about the noise from the planes.
The Vermont air base already houses F-16s, and Shumlin says he wants to learn how much of a change the newer plane would be. The Vermont group will travel to Florida on Wednesday to hear the planes.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump