BENSON — A man playing a scary character at a haunted hayride event in Benson, Vt., has been hospitalized after being struck by a tractor and wagon carrying revelers.
Authorities say 47-year-old Norman Grenier was injured Saturday night during the annual hayride, which is a fundraiser for the town’s fire department and an 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.
Grenier was airlifted to a hospital in Albany, N.Y., after the incident.
Television station WCAX reports (http://goo.gl/AflRj ) Grenier’s family members say he suffered puncture lung, a fractured pelvis and broken ribs. He is expected to recover.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump