MONTPELIER — The Vermont governor has ordered flags to be lowered to half-staff in honor of a Vermont state lawmaker who was hit by a car and killed last week.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday for Rep. Gregory Clark of Vergennes at the Vergennes Congregational Church.
State Police said the 65-year-old Republican lawmaker was killed Friday morning when he was hit by a car along U.S. Route 7 in Waltham.
Police said Clark was driving south when he stopped his car at the edge of the highway to clear his windshield. Clark pulled partially onto the shoulder of the road and was hit by another south-bound vehicle while he was outside his car.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump