BARRE — Police have arrested one of two men they say assaulted a convenience store clerk nearly two weeks ago. They say the other, still being sought, should be considered armed and dangerous.
Mackenzie Rollins was arrested on Cottage Street on Saturday, and police are asking for help finding Mathias Madison.
Police said Monday they had been looking for Rollins and Madison, both 24, since June 20. That’s when the clerk at Fast Stop Deli on North Main Street pressed an alarm as his two assailants fled shortly after 2 a.m.
According to police, while running from the store Rollins and Madison confronted two patrons in the parking lot and Madison pointed a handgun at them.
Police said they quickly identified the two suspects, who had both been asked to leave the deli sometime before the assault.
Madison is described as a white male with blond hair and blue eyes, about 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 135 pounds.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is urged to contact the Barre City Police Department at 476-6613 or their local law enforcement agency.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump