WATERVILLE — Firefighters are working on a fire in Vermont that’s burned about 20 acres of woods.
Two firefighters have suffered minor injuries in the Waterville fire. It started Monday and has been contained.
No homes have been threatened by the fire.
There have been other brush fires around the state. Also Monday, 13 acres of forest were burned near the Prospect Mountain Nordic Ski Center in Woodford. Firefighters said it appeared to have started at an area known as “Camp Snook,” accessible only by all-terrain vehicles and four-wheel-drive trucks.
Firefighters believe it was started as a controlled burn to clear brush.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump