MARSHFIELD — So much for that GPS.
A delivery van driver tried to follow his satellite navigation service to Groton, Vt., but ended up getting lost, instead. And his van got stuck.
Twenty-year-old Warren Hewey followed his GPS instructions Wednesday afternoon, driving farther into the mountains east of U.S. 2 in Marshfield.
Police said Hewey, of Claremont, N.H., eventually called 911 and said he had no idea where he was. He had hiked half a mile uphill to find cellphone reception.
State police were able to trace him to a road in Marshfield that they said wasn’t maintained in the winter and was impassable.
Police found him and used a wrecker to retrieve the van.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump