COLCHESTER — Firefighters say a cigarette started a fire at a motel in Colchester, Vt.
The fire happened at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday at a Motel 6.
WCAX-TV reports (http://bit.ly/WsI0uL) the Colchester fire chief says about 35 firefighters from three departments responded to the fire. He said a person staying at the motel fell asleep while smoking a cigarette and set a mattress on fire.
The guest was taken to the hospital with burns to his body and face, and was listed in serious condition. The motel was evacuated.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump