MONTPELIER — The Sykas family is no longer doing business in the Capital City.
Paul Sykas’ father bought the Lobster Pot in the 1940s. Since then, Paul and his wife Pat Sykas have owned five businesses in the Montpelier area, including the Tower Restaurant and Yankee Wine and Spirits.
Yankee Wine and Spirits was the last business under Sykas ownership, but the store was sold on Nov. 5 by the Sykas’ daughter-in-law, Amy Sykas.
Pat Sykas said Wednesday she and her husband are retired, and she is glad she does not have to go into the city in the wintertime. She is also relieved not to have to worry whether the heat is working in one of the buildings they owned or having to come open up a building because an employee forgot their keys.
Pat Sykas said she is going to miss the people of Montpelier, but she is happy to stay at home with her husband in Groton.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump